Parklands Retirement Properties
Bungalows & Flats
View Full Size Image Parklands, comfortable retirement homes set in beautiful surroundings which have been architecturally designed to cater for the needs of the retired and to ensure a feeling of independence with secure home ownership.
Parklands consists of one and two bedroom bungalows and flats set within the 23 acres of Oaken Holt. Oaken Holt House, a registered Nursing and Residential home, is close by and provides the reassuring knowledge that qualified Nurses and care facilities are close at hand. We believe that Parklands, as part of the overall Oaken Holt estate, is one of the few schemes in the country to provide a complete package of accommodation and high quality services for the retired.
The estate is situated on the Eynsham Road near Farmoor and is within close proximity, by bus or car, to Oxford and within half a mile of Farmoor village and the very attractive Farmoor reservoir.
The bungalows and flats were designed by a leading local architect and Town Planner, they are constructed with warm faced brickwork and clay roof tiles. The homes are in a delightful country setting with beautiful views and mature landscaped gardens.
High standards of finishing and insulation combine to provide a comfortable but economic home of which you can be proud.
The standards of construction were in accordance with the National House Building Council recommendation who granted a ten year guarantee when the properties were built between 1985 and 1988.
General Information for Parklands
The communal facilities are situated on the ground floor of the building housing the flats, these include:-
A comfortably furnished Residents' lounge.
A fully fitted laundry room with facilities for washing and drying.
A fully furnished guest suite is available at a reasonable charge for when extra friends or relatives wish to stay.
A lift is installed which is large enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
The communal areas are tastefully decorated and carpeted with discreet wall and picture lighting to provide a comfortable and homely entrance to the flats.
Other Services from Oaken Holt
Lunches can be supplied to Parklands and the dining facilities in Oaken Holt House may be utilised with prior booking.
The extra facilities available from Oaken Holt are particularly useful for a retired couple. Should one partner be taken ill or be disabled for a period of time care and qualified nursing input can be provided within the overall complex thus allowing couples to still be in close touch.
All services are invoiced on a four weekly basis.
There is a general store, off license and post office at Farmoor which will arrange the delivery of general groceries and newspapers as required.
Botley, which is approximately one and a half miles away, has a comprehensive shopping centre with chemist, doctors and dental surgeries. Prescriptions can be delivered by the local chemist.
The specification includes the following:-
- Full insulation to floors, walls and roof, includes double glazing and draught proofing to windows and doors.
- The heating and hot water is via 'Economy 7@ off peak electric tariff, which results in an economic, clean, safe and trouble free heating source. The Electricity Board granted a Medallion Award for these energy saving homes.
- Kitchens are fully fitted with high quality units and wall cupboards, complete with built in fan oven, hob and extractor hood.
- The bathrooms ( many with room for wheelchair access if required ) include attractive low line, non slip baths, built in vanity basins and lever taps, for easy use.
- The attractive Regency style panelled doors have easy to use brass levers handles and locks, all doors are wide enough to accommodate wheelchair access where required.
- Electric power points and lights, in excess of normal standards, are at easy to reach heights from the floor, there is a T.V. outlet in the lounge and a telephone point is provided for easy connection.
- For complete peace of mind an alarm system links each property to Oaken Holt Nursing wing thus ensuring a rapid twenty four hour response in the event of an emergency.
- The grounds within the curtilage of the bungalows and flats are attractively laid out and maintained by landscape gardeners. The properties' communal facilities and Oaken Holt are all linked by paths.
- Each bungalow has it's own patio plus the use of the garden areas. Some of the flats have personal balcony areas.